Nothing on the TV is really important. There’s a trivia show at the beginning where they talk about Golden Ramen which at least references something in the show, I guess.
Episode 07: Torrent | Magnet
See the rest of the post if you want to make Otosaka-style omurice (the secret sauce is still secret, unfortunately—you’ll have to substitute regular pizza sauce).
Ingredients (serves two)
- 2 slices of ham (cut into 1cm pieces)
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 6 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons of ketchup
- Butter (as necessary)
- 200g rice
- Place butter in a frying pan and fry the onions. When the onions turn brown, add the ham and continue frying.
- After the ham has been seared, add ketchup and mix. After the ketchup is thoroughly mixed in the pan, add the rice and continue frying.
- Add the secret sauce here
- Salt and pepper to taste and remove from pan.
- Place butter in the frying pan and add all the eggs. Scramble and spread the eggs out.
- Place the cooked rice in the middle of the egg mixture and flip the eggs by undulating the handle of the pan so that it covers the rice.
- Place the omelette rice on a plate and apply ketchup on top.